NYC DOT will implement safety improvements on 2nd Ave. between 43rd and 34th Street, starting October 2020
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Implementation starts in October 2020:
- Install bicycle lane along the east curb between E. 43rd St. and E. 34th St. that is:
- Parking protected during off-peak hours, 8pm-3pm
- Buffered during peak hours, 3pm-8pm (five lanes maintained)
- Install dedicated double left turn lanes and turn signal phase at 42nd, 36th, and 34th Sts.
- Install painted pedestrian islands at 42nd and 36th Sts.
- Close the FDR Dr. Service Rd. slip lane at 34th St.
DOT presentation from July https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/2nd-ave-e43-st-e34-st-cb6-jul2020.pdf.