The Pierpont Morgan House in the 1920s
Product Number: Print18
36th Street at Madison
One of three houses built in the mid 1850’s by John Jay Phelps. Purchased by Mr. Morgan in 1882, it was the first electric-lit private residence in New York City. (Thomas Edison was a business friend of Mr. Morgan.) The home was demolished in 1928 to make way for the Morgan Library Annex.
Black on ivory paper approximately 11" x 14".
Artwork by Dean Avery, courtesy of the estate of Dean Avery.