The Lanier Mansion, a New York City landmark and National Register of Historic Places, at 123 East 35th Street.
This opulent French Renaissance house was build for the prominent banker James F. D. Lanier and his wife Harriet by architects Hoppin & Koen in 1901. A pair of 1854 brownstones were demolished to make way for this magnificent mansion.
Black on ivory paper approximately 11" x 14".
Artwork by Dean Avery, courtesy of the estate of Dean Avery.